- Delphi site &
- 3 days
- Tour guide
In a region of inaccessible sandstone peaks, monks found protection and settled here from the 10th c. onwards. 24 monasteries were built. 6 of them remain open to public. Their 16th c. frescoes mark a key stage in the development of the post-Byzantine painting. More than a million people visit Meteora every year and admire this "unique" natural phenomenon.
7:30 - Start the pick up and depart from the terminal at 08.30 am.
11:30 - After a short stop near Levadia you arrive in Delphi.
11:45 - With the tour guide visit the ancient site.
14:00 - Drive to a local restaurant for lunch. Lunch, is optional.
15:00 - Proceed to Kalambaka after a short stop at Thermopylae and Lamia.
19:15 - Arrive in Kalambaka. Overnight.
- Day free. Pay 25 € per tour & join either one of:
a) the "morning", or, the "midday" tour by bus,
b) the morning "hiking", or, the "sunset" tour
08:15 - Join the group, drive to Meteora and visit 2 monasteries.
12:30 - Return to Kalambaka for lunch. (not included in price)
14:30 - Start the return to Athens. Arrive in Athens at 19:30
Prices 148 + 12 entrance fees = 160 € p.p.
Hotel KOSTA FAMISSI 3* in double room with breakfast
- Pick up/drop off
- Modern air-conditioned buses
- Aaccommodation in double rooms with breakfast
- Professional guide on Wed & Fri. Thu. you are on your own.
- Entrance fee to the site of Delphi on Wed.
- Entrance to 2 monasteries visited on Fri.
- The hotel city tax 1.50 € room/night is not included.
BOOK NOW | PAY online | Send a message | All tours from Athens