- 4 days
- Tour GUIDE
4 day Classical & Meteora Tour
APR-OCT Mon (EN + FR), Tue (EN + 02/6-05/9 in IT), Sat(EN) and
THURSDAYS (EN) April 23,May 07, 14, 28, Jun 11, 25,
Jul 02, 16, Aug 06, 20, Sep 10, 17, 24, Oct 01
ITALIAN is on Thu from 02/6 - 05/9. Until 01/6 and after 06/9 only in English.
NOVEMBER - MARCH only Mondays
In a region of inaccessible sandstone peaks, monks found protection and settled here from the 10th c. onwards. Despite the difficulties 24 monasteries were built. Their 16th c. frescoes mark a key stage in the development of the post-Byzantine painting. More than a million people visit Meteora every year and admire this "unique" natural phenomenon.ITINERARY
DAY 1: 07:30 The pick up starts and the bus departs from the terminal at 08:30
10:00 Arrival and stop at Corinth canal. 20 min. Short stop
11:15 Arrival at Epidaurus. Visit the museum & the theatre
12:30 Proceed for lunch (optional).
13:45 Drive on to the elegant city of Nafplion. Short stop.
15:15 Arrival in Mycenae. Visit the site, the museum and the tomb of Atreus
19:00 Arrival in modern Olympia town. Check in the hotel.
09:00 Visit the museum and the site. Departure and drive North to Patra
13:00 Stop for lunch (optional) at a local restaurant.
14:30 Depart for Delphi driving on the Rio - Antirio bridge
18:15 Arrival and check-in at Delphi.
09:00 Visit the museum and the site.
14:00 Stop for lunch (optional).
15:00 On the way to Kalambaka, short stop in Thermopylae and Lamia.
19:15 Arrival in Kalambaka. Check in the hotel.
08:15 After breakfast drive to Meteora and visit 2 monasteries.
12:00 Return to Kalambaka for lunch (optional).
14:00 Start the return to Athens. Arrival at +/- 20:00
- Photo stop at Corinth canal
- Visit the Theatre of Epidaurus
- Visit the Mycenae site & Tomb of Agamemnon
- Photo stop in romantic Nafplion
- Visit the Olympia site & Museum
- Drive on the cable bridge to Antirio
- Visit the Delphi site & Museum
- Short stop at Thermopylae by the monument of Leonidas
- Visit 2 monasteries at Meteora
PRICES p. p. in double room
We have secured the best deals. Our prices are not matched
3* - breakfast = 320 € entrance fees
- Pick up / drop off service
- Modern air-conditioned buses
- Accommodation in double rooms
- Hotels at Olympia/Delphi/Kalambaka
- Breakfast in all the hotels
- Dinners if half board is chosen
- Tour guide along the tour
- Wifi on the bus
- Hotel tax (room/night): 4* = 3 €, 3*= 1,5 €
3* - Half board = 375 € + entrance fees
4* - Half board = 435 € + entrance fees
NB. Free transfer with 4* hotels
Entrance fees that must added:
November- March: 24.00 €
April - October: 48.00 €