- 2 days
METEORA by train - 2 days
Sit at the edge of one of the rocks, let your mind travel million years back and imagine that you wet your feet in the water of a big lake. A lake that covers the whole valley. Imagine the lake drying gradually, recovering the beauty that is infront of you. This is how all these were probably created.
You are in front of a geological phenomenon.
For real pleasure and nice memories, combine touring with walking and hiking. The sight of the Meteora is a unique experience, but walking on the well marked paths, is breathtaking. Walk on well paved paths and hear the history and legends of the area.
Enjoy your visit to the unique area and we hope that Meteora will be the highlight of your trip to Greece.
Day 1: 06:50 Be at Larissis train station in Athens.
Your train departs at 07:20. Arrives in Kalambaka at 11:30
Walk 700m to hotel KOSTA FAMISSI.
Rest of the day you are free to explore the area. Overnight
Day 2: After breakfast you are free to explore the area.
Go for a walk and observe the local flora and fauna.
The train for the return to Athens departs from Kalambaka at 17:15
Arrive at Larissis train station at 21:30. End of the trip.
PRICE p.p. with breakfast:
Single room: 87.00 €
Double room: 73.00 €
Triple room: 70.00 €
Following the Covid-19 measures the train runs in 50% capacity
resulting to a surcharge of 25 € p.p. that must be added to all prices.
- Cancellation received more than 72 hrs before the tour, NO FEES.
- Cancellation received 48 hrs until tour departure pay FULL PRICE.
* B class roundtrip train ticket. Upgraded to A class=12.00 €
* 1 night at hotel KOSTA FAMISSI with breakfast
* Transfers in Athens & in Kalambaka.
* Entrance fees to Monasteries (3.00 € each)
* In Kalambaka you are on your own. No tour guide with you
* Hotel tax 1.5 € is paid by clients
* Meals and drinks
* Morning 4 hrs tour of the monasteries = 25 €
* Morning 4 hrs hiking tour on Meteora = 25 €
* Midday 4 hrs tour of the monasteries = 25 €
* SUNSET 4 hrs tour on Meteora rocks = 25 €